Adventure Club: Games & Workshops
Learn new skills, develop your character, explore new options
The Adventure Club is an opportunity to take a little bit of time outside of the active quest to do quest-adjacent activities like:
- drawing and writing about their character,
- building an understanding of the game system,
- learning strategies for character development,
- world lore of Thael and the cultures that inspired it,
- learning group tactics and dueling techniques,
- exploring new programs,
- beta-testing new game systems
- learning real-world crafts and skills like:
- archery and bow-making
- spinning, weaving, sewing
- arts, music, poetry, storytelling, acting
- wilderness skills and nature awareness
There will also be plenty of opportunity for more free-form activities such as riddles, puzzles, board games, card games, 1-on-1 dueling, and creative expression.
Adventure Club is available as an extended day afternoon option following the Quest in our spring break and summer day camps in Bellingham. The time will be 3:30-4:30 pm and can be registered for online in addition to any weeks of camp (if you wish to attend but aren’t attending a Quest that week, contact the office to sign up). Likewise, if you will be only attending certain days of the week, contact the office to register for a partial week.
There will be two options per day:
- Workshops on a variety of topics: character development, game system understanding, world lore, adventuring skills, swashbuckling instruction and battle tactics. A great option for kids who want to develop more skills and knowledge to enhance their questing experience. Each day or week will have a different theme, depending on the expertise of the staff leading the workshop. For any of those who do not want to participate in the workshop on that day, there will always be other options for activities (see below):
- Games, puzzles, creative activities, and dueling. A great option for kids who want something simple, relaxing, and/or self-directed in the afternoons, after a long days’ Questing. Though these activities may be more self-directed, they will still be supervised by an adult Quest Leader.
The group will be a mix of ages, including kids from multiple questing groups (and thus an option for friends and siblings who have been in different questing groups to connect).
Adventure Club Schedule
Location: Cornwall Park, Bellingham (meet at South Shelter)
Dates: Spring Break (April 3-7), Summer Weeks 1-10
Time: M-F 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Price: $75 per week
Registration: Register online, if adding a full week Adventure Club to a Quest program, or contact the office for assistance in attending a partial week.
Swasher Making Workshops
We have offered Swasher-Making workshops in the past at our office space, and as custom Birthday party options. We will be moving to a new office space in February/March 2023 and hope to be able to begin offering Swasher-making workshops there once more soon!
Stay tuned or contact us for details about these forthcoming programs.
Below is an example of some details, from a previous workshop:
Come join our Forgemasters to craft a Swasher, hear some stories of ancient sword masters, and earn a rank in Profession: Smithing. In each of these 3 sessions, the participants will craft and take home a Swasher sword, of the following styles:
- Dagger / Tanto (small-sized)
- Arming Sword / Wakizashi (medium-sized)
- Broadsword / Ninjato (large-sized)
- Great Sword / Katana (huge-sized)
Questers will gain three in-quest rewards for their character from this workshop:
- Earn 1 rank in Profession: Smithing
- Gain an in-game sword with one of these enhancements: Adamantium/Mithril/Yugi/Masterwork
- Gain mentor for Secret Path of Forgemaster
Questers may sign up for multiple workshops and create multiple Swashers, with multiple in-game rewards.
Who: Questers aged 9+, or aged 6+ with an adult helper*
Future Adventure Academy Programs
Interested in more workshops like swordsmanship, archery and bow-making, alchemy and herbal medicine, wilderness skills, music, garment construction? Let us know – we’d love to expand our offerings and tailor them to your interests!
We have also run overnight camps, field trips to tall ships and medieval villages, and overseas adventures in the castles of Wales, UK. Contact us if you’re interested in attending a program like this in the future.