Employment in Bellingham & Seattle, WA
POSITIONS FOR HIRE
Each year we are looking for more quality Quest Leaders each year to join our returning staff. We currently have scheduled programs in Bellingham and Seattle, and would like to hire staff in who live in either of these locations (and anywhere in between – King County, Snohomish County, Skagit County and Whatcom County). To see open positions for a specific region and more detailed application information, see Seattle Jobs and Bellingham Jobs.
Quest Leader Position
Being a Quest Leader at Majestic Adventures offers the opportunity to work with children and/or teens in a creative and meaningful job. Majestic Adventures is an outdoor work environment with a team of communicative and supportive coworkers. Quest Leaders focus on creating a fun live-action role-playing environment, while facilitating the experiential education goals of ethical reasoning, self-esteem, critical thinking, social skills, fitness, and teamwork.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Required: experience working with children and/or teens
- Required: improvisational acting and storytelling skills
- Required: high energy and physical fitness for hiking and swashbuckling
- Required: a love for the fantasy genre (we play a fantasy-themed live-action roleplaying game with the kids).
- Required: 18 years of age and older by the time summer camp begins (typically the third week of June)
- Optional: experience playing and/or leading roleplaying games (live action or tabletop)
- Optional: conflict resolution skills, teambuilding and leadership skills, training in therapy or childhood education
- Optional: martial arts, swordsmanship, arts and crafts.
- Being a Quest Leader is physically demanding (hiking/running and swashbuckling with a group of 5-7 children or teens for 5-8 hours/day), and requires maturity, professionalism, patience, conflict resolution skills, and great playfulness and compassion.